My first mead went great!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know some of you may kid me about it but I did the lazy man version. I put in 1 part raw unpasteurized Cherry Blossom honey and 4 parts water. I stirred almost every day for a month and I refrigerated it. After a week in the fridge, it mellowed and I can taste the cherry flavor a lot more. I am quite impressed. I simply allowed the wild yeast in the honey ferment and it worked very well.

Interesting. Did you just stir everyday from the day of mixing or from when it started to ferment? Also, did you notice how long it took to start fermenting after mixing?

I didn't stir it everyday but I tried to from day 1. Everything was in a Mason jar. It was an experiment. I will make mead soon with some yeast and treat it like I would with cider.

Good to know. I have thought of doing that too with mason jars to test certain ingredients. Thanks for the reply.

Back