My first home brew is delicious

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NolaMonk

Reaction score
This isn't my first Homebrew but it is the first Homebrew i made that i have tasted the first two i brewed before I haven't tried yet neither bottled still in primary but this is the first one im trying and its delicious, a cream ale brewed with blood oranges. I'm so excited and happy it came out the way it did. I'm hooked now...lol

Attachments

• 20180830_151740_Film1.jpg
    20180830_151740_Film1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 151
I'm bottling my first beer this weekend. An American amber ale from a brewers best kit. I spent the summer making mead and going to taste my cherry mead while I am bottling. Congrats. Cant wait to get the beer carbonated and to taste it.

Congrats! That is awesome! I remember way back when I first tasted a beer I made that came out fantastic. I was like "Wow I made this!" "You know I made this beer!....?" "Did I tell you that I made this?!" And that was just to my wife! Now it starts, your hooked! Good luck on future brews!

John

I'm bottling my first beer this weekend. An American amber ale from a brewers best kit. I spent the summer making mead and going to taste my cherry mead while I am bottling. Congrats. Cant wait to get the beer carbonated and to taste it.
Keep us posted on the outcome

Congrats! That is awesome! I remember way back when I first tasted a beer I made that came out fantastic. I was like "Wow I made this!" "You know I made this beer!....?" "Did I tell you that I made this?!" And that was just to my wife! Now it starts, your hooked! Good luck on future brews!

John
Yes i was truly amazing feeling

Congratulations!

I still remember my first brew, I was reading instructions, adding ingredients and then reading more. At one point I put in the hops, turned to read, and the pot boiled over. I scraped hops off the side of the kettle and put them back in, and when I read the next line on the instructions, it mentioned watching the boil carefully at this point because it could boil over. One sentence too late!

Still, it tasted great, and I've brewed 28 styles since then. Welcome to the hobby!

Congrats! I look forward to your next post titled: "My new brew space - 1bbl Blichmann eHERMS single tier system with dedicated yeast lab and fermentation room".

Seriously though, there is nothing better than brewing something that you're super proud of. It's literally the taste of victory in every bottle.

Keep us posted on the outcome
Just finished bottling and while bottling enjoyed the first pour of this cherry mead
The mead came out good a little drier than I was hoping for but that was a self made recipe so I know how to fix it for next time. Will post in 2 weeks when I pour the beer
20180901_141605.jpeg

Congratulations!

I still remember my first brew, I was reading instructions, adding ingredients and then reading more. At one point I put in the hops, turned to read, and the pot boiled over. I scraped hops off the side of the kettle and put them back in, and when I read the next line on the instructions, it mentioned watching the boil carefully at this point because it could boil over. One sentence too late!

Still, it tasted great, and I've brewed 28 styles since then. Welcome to the hobby!
I fell in love with this craft and I think my family and friends fell in love with it too even though they don't help me Brew just drink

Congrats NolaMonk!!!!
I loved my first batch. Just dry hopped my second and ordered another kit. Hope to see more posts from you on your progress.

That looks very delicious
The mead came out very well. it was a little more tart than I was hoping for, It was my personal recipe so I know it needs back sweetened next time, or something else to cut the tart taste of it. My beer tasted like flat room temperature beer so I at least did something correct with that as well. will post in a thread in a couple of weeks once it has time to carbonate and then chilled for a day or two

Back