My first ever batch now fermenting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pollykraker

Reaction score
Brewed a 5 gallon batch of a morebeer.com Extract Kit .... Blonde Ale on 10/14

OG = 1.044

Brew day went well ! Only thing I was worried about was rehydrating my dry yeast, I think I let it sit too long and was worried I messed it up.

Low and behold about 15 hours after being in the carboy fermentation has kicked off.

Haha already thinking of my next Batch!

This forum really helped me with a lot of questions I had.

Just did that exact same one a week ago!

The yeast should be fine unless you let it sit out for a really long time. Hopefully you will see that airlock bubbling in a day or two.

plapczynski said:
Just did that exact same one a week ago!

The yeast should be fine unless you let it sit out for a really long time. Hopefully you will see that airlock bubbling in a day or two.

Awesome.... Yea my airlock starring bubbling about 15 hours after of being in carboy. It is looking good, been in there since 10/14 ... Will get a gravity reading prob at 2 week mark

Man I am right with you. Did my first batch (Irish Car Bomb Stout) on saturday. Sunday it was bubbling away. Still bubbling today. Temp is about 62 in a swamp cooler. OG was 1.060. So tempted to open it up.... but afraid i'll screw it up...

Awesome.... Yea my airlock starring bubbling about 15 hours after of being in carboy. It is looking good, been in there since 10/14 ... Will get a gravity reading prob at 2 week mark

Do you plan on letting it sit three weeks total? If so, just wait for the hydrometer reading, no need to rush it.:mug:

twistr25 said:
Do you plan on letting it sit three weeks total? If so, just wait for the hydrometer reading, no need to rush it.:mug:

My plan at this point is to take gravity reading around 2 week mark, and then another 3 days later.

Read up a lot here.. and for first brew will do it this way... 2nd brew will let it sit longer... ( gonna brew same kit 3 times )

Want to just play around see what differences I can personally notice with changing different things with the fermentation and brew process

Def understand that letting it sit for 3 weeks no matter what would help the beer clear up and settle etc..

To each their own, that's what's nice about this hobby, no perfect way to do it, only your way.

Back