My first beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

João Machado

Reaction score
Hello.
I have my first beer finishing his fermentation. It is currently bottled finishing the second fermentation, and carbonation.
I started december 31th and I bottled january 15th, and I will open and taste the beer january 28/29th.

What do you guys think?

Hello.
I have my first beer finishing his fermentation. It is currently bottled finishing the second fermentation, and carbonation.
I started december 31th and I bottled january 15th, and I will open and taste the beer january 28/29th.

What do you guys think?
Good luck for a good well carbonated taste.
The carb might be a bit light still by the 29th but don't be discouraged if it is.
I keg and use priming sugar to carbonate, though I use ~80% of what the batch calls for because if it ends too light I can always make up the difference.
I generally consider 14 days @68 degrees to be the target for good base carbonation.
Usually works pretty well.

2-3 weeks should be good to go assuming the temp is high enough for the carbonation to be completed.

I read the instructions...it said 4-7 days of fermentation, but I left it for two weeks. Then I bottled and the instructions say to leave 1 week in the bottles at air temperature, then 1 week in a fridge. It's a bock btw.

Good luck for a good well carbonated taste.
The carb might be a bit light still by the 29th but don't be discouraged if it is.
I keg and use priming sugar to carbonate, though I use ~80% of what the batch calls for because if it ends too light I can always make up the difference.
I generally consider 14 days @68 degrees to be the target for good base carbonation.
Usually works pretty well.

I am unsure what to do now...

Sorry I did not intend to confuse. I think two weeks is a pretty good timing for your first sample.
What are you wondering about?

Nooo, it is okay! I'm unsure because I am brewing for the first time. I used extract... I pretend to repeat another extract recipe before using all grain.
I just feel kinda anxious and unsecure...ahah. But I am wishing that it will be fine.
I tried the beer before bottling, it had little to none carbonation and it was pretty sweet.
iI am hoping that when I open my first bottle it will be better!

Nooo, it is okay! I'm unsure because I am brewing for the first time. I used extract... I pretend to repeat another extract recipe before using all grain.
I just feel kinda anxious and unsecure...ahah. But I am wishing that it will be fine.
I tried the beer before bottling, it had little to none carbonation and it was pretty sweet.
iI am hoping that when I open my first bottle it will be better!
There is a a saying in one of the home brewing books; Relax, Don't worry and Have a homebrew.
Since this is your first batch you may have to settle for a store-bought until your batch is ready :)
Odds are pretty good you'll be fine.

Try it on the 29th and see how it is. If it doesn't meet your expectation share the details here and plenty of folks will be happy to help figure things out.
While it is tough when you can't see anything happening keep a positive vibe going.

There is a a saying in one of the home brewing books; Relax, Don't worry and Have a homebrew.
Odds are pretty good you'll be fine.

Try it on the 29th and see how it is. If it doesn't meet your expectation share the details here and plenty of folks will be happy to help figure things out.
While it is tough when you can't see anything happening keep a positive vibe going.

Thanks!!! I will do that!

What is the name of the book?...ahah

Seems safe, time-wise--two weeks in the fermenter was a good idea, generally.
I'd try one tomorrow if I were you.

What yeast did you use?
What temperature did it ferment at?

Did you take one of more gravity readings?
If so, what were those gravities?

Back