my first beer going into secondary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pujiman

Reaction score
Will i need to repitch some yeast when i decide to bottle or will there still be enough so i can bottle as normal

pujiman said:
Will i need to repitch some yeast when i decide to bottle or will there still be enough so i can bottle as normal

There will be enough to carbonate. No need to repurchase yeast.

Are you adding something like fruit? IF not just leave it in the primary for 3 weeks then bottle. You can use table sugar, it's cheaper.

Thanks everyone, I'm just doing it to clarify the beer and get as much yeast out when i bottle as possible

pujiman said:
Thanks everyone, I'm just doing it to clarify the beer and get as much yeast out when i bottle as possible

No need to apologize . You will find that most people on here don't secondary but don't let it stop you. It hasn't stopped me from doing a secondary for my beer. Cheers!

Just racked to secondary (first time) to make room for a new brew in the primary tomorrow!

Back