My bottle washer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Syncman

Reaction score
20 bottles, 1" main lines, 3/4" feeds, and 1/2" risers with 1/8" washers to create a spray. All CPVC. 2700 GPH dirty water pump is WAY overkill. Even with a 3/4" divert line the spray is more than adequate, even without the 1/8" constrictor to create the spray. The Oxiclean TSP mix is foaming quite a bit, but not a problem.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz0SLX7iKlA[/ame]

Please explain the 1/8" washers. I assume you have those in the washers inside the 1/2" risers...how did you install those?

Thanks

As I type, I hear falling water in bathroom where my hacked up bottle washer is busy at work sitting in the tub.

I used 1/2" risers and metal washers 1/8" washers epoxied in place...just didn't cut it, but my pump isn't 2700 GPH! Backup, epoxy the washers solid and used a tooth pick to create a small pilot hole, figuring I would need to drill it out a touch bigger. But that toothpick size hole shoots a good hard stream. It is working pretty good. All my wine bottles are done and the first batch of beer bottles is coming up next.

I can already see the next project....a big ass bottle drying rack! I'm eyeballing a piece of cattle panel behind the shop. Think if I cut up the rods and bend them out about 45 degrees..leave a few to keep it's shape, and can hang on the Shop wall. When not in use drying bottles I could have hose, cords, kettles, and all kinds of crap hanging off it.

This is awesome! It might just need to be my next project. I'm sure the wife would be thankful to have the tub back.

This site, Youtube, and Instructibles.com. Just combined a few different things. None of it my idea.

Back