My 3rd brew, 1st for the swamp cooler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grem135

Reaction score
My first 2 brews turned out real good... considering they probably fermented near 80f since the ambient temp was 72f. I had just found this site and had not read enough to know about higher temps in fermentation... oh well.

I decided to brew a simple wheat beer since I have BMC drinking family visiting in a couple of months and I used a swamp cooler this time. Temps (in the water) have been 63-66f changing out small ice bottles 3x a day. I cant wait to try this beer!
I'm thinking of making the NB Caribou Slobber as soon as my primary is available. Any opinions on this or other suggestions? I'm not a hop head so IPA is out.
Hopefully will do my first all grain this winter... Maybe Revvy's Leffe clone. :)

Soo... you want us to tell you what to brew... .... btw, im fermenting an IIPA right now my 4th beer, and first time using a swamp cooler. Def helps keep the temps down, as my 2nd beer got a little high unexpectedly for a day or 2, but then moved it to the cool basement.
Anyways... I love RIS and stouts, so since its getting cooler up here in NH in a few months, I say a stout or porter. Maybe a pumping ale?? Caribou Slobber is a brown ale? Not crazy about those, but if you like them, then try it out. I know it's a very popular choice around here.

lol not really wanting you to tell me what to brew.
I was thinking a stout myself just not sure I want to have 5 gallons of it due to limited storage. I dont seem to drink stouts as fast LOL. I do like newcastle and since slobber was so popular thought it might be next. I figure I have week or 2 before I gotta make up my mind... To many beers and so little time and space :confused: Irish red ale, slobber, stout or cream stout, porter, blonde, amber ...........arrrggggg
Guess there could be worse problems to have eh?

Much worse problems, lol. You're always going to have a beer list in your head. Knocking one down one at a time... but the list will always continue to grow, lol.

Lets see I have coming up... choc stout/ mint choc stout, pumkpin ale, another RIS, another IIPA, regualr IPA (which will probably turn into an IIPA), probably another stout, pale ale (this is around spring time) and then, and then... and then... :drunk:

Back