Muntons KreamyX - Same Quantity for Priming?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KillJoy

Reaction score
I have a package of this (Muntons KreamyX Beer kit Primer With Heading Powder). The package is 7oz (200g), and reads as follows:

Directions: Use in place of priming sugar to carbonate 5 Imp. gallons (23L) of beer wort.

Does this mean I should use all 7oz for 5 Gallons, or use an equal amount as of "normal" priming sugar?

KillJoy

I read that to mean use the whole thing. It makes sense because it's not fully fermentable, that's how you get the creaminess. So you'd need more to achieve the same level of carbing you'd get with 5 ounces.

I read that to mean use the whole thing. It makes sense because it's not fully fermentable, that's how you get the creaminess. So you'd need more to achieve the same level of carbing you'd get with 5 ounces.

That is how I read it as well.

So.... how would you prime to style? Choose another option?

KillJoy

According to the Googles....

5 Imperial gallons = 6.00475211 US gallons

[ame]http://www.google.com/search?q=5+imperial+gallons+to+gallons&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a[/ame]

So, not quite the whole package. I've used the stuff (not quite the whole package) with GREAT results. Big, meaty head. Really excellent. I do recommend it.

Back