movie: SUCKER PUNCH

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
Go in with low expectations, and this one is a rollercoaster worth riding.

I can't decide if the non-traditional ending was bad, or just so effing disturbing my mind rejected it.

The ending aside, the FANTASTIC over the top action and visual awesomeness were unique. All of the action scenes take place in our hero's head, so "this wasn't realistic",and "that could never happen" go right out the window, leaving some of the most bad ass, hot chick, super hero, ninja action ever.

Disturbing as it was, a non-traditional ending? I have to give credit for that too.

I loved it. I had heard plenty of negative reviews, even from a friend, and I still thought it was a fun, visually exciting, fantasy action film. In fact, I think I need to re-rent it soon.

Watching it AGAIN. I am sure the the steady supply of hot chicks in skimpy outfits helped, but the completely nonsensical bad assery is AMAZING.

The scene where the weapon and technology laden hot chicks rip through the nazi undead is pure genius. AWESOME.

Pretty unanimous among everyone that Sucker Punch is a terrible movie.

Visuals aside, which Zack Synder is known for, nothing else was good. But hey, different strokes for different folks.

However his other movies are pretty good; Man of Steel, Watchmen, 300, Dawn of the Dead.

Edit: 23% on RT is bad, however I have seen worse.

Visuals aside, which Zack Synder is known for, nothing else was good. But hey, different strokes for different folks.

However his other movies are pretty good; Man of Steel, Watchmen, 300, Dawn of the Dead.

One more reason I love being me. ;)

I am extremely picky. That said, I can see value where others miss it. The fugue state chick enters when she leaves reality and enters the ultra violent place she calls a sub-concious, would be off putting to some people.

They could claim that it makes no sense.

I am able to see that within a disturbed and traumatized mind, who the hell really knows what goes on?

It provides enough excuse, as far as I am concerned, to open the door for some AWESOME over the top violence.

Yeah, it's confusing and lame that...

I HAVE NO IDEA WHY I LIKED THIS MOVIE SO MUCH! :rockin:

I mean, it's no Gone with the Wind, or anything...

If for nothing else.......

How else could you justify Hot chicks with state of the art weapons (WHO EFFING RELOAD THEIR GUNS....I MEAN COME ON!!!!) and a mechanized warbot battling legions of Nazi undead?

How else could you justify these same chicks battling legions of orcs to slay the baby dragon?..and then in flying fashion, finish the mom too?

The train ride against I ROBOT thingies was less cool, but where the hell do you go after Nazi Undead and effing DRAGONS????

The dynamics between drab quasi reality and over the top insanity were stark changes, but I liked it.

for what it is, it is great. Agreed it is NOT gone with the wind....which, honestly, I find unwatchable.

Have you seen Iron Sky? Not nearly as good, but this movie reminds me of it. It's not really all that similar, actually. While not terribly serious, not really a slapstick comedy as I'd hoped for. Worth watching as long as you go in knowing what it is and how it was put together.

Have you seen Iron Sky? Not nearly as good, but this movie reminds me of it. It's not really all that similar, actually. While not terribly serious, not really a slapstick comedy as I'd hoped for. Worth watching as long as you go in knowing what it is and how it was put together.

I LOVE Iron Sky. Awesome in it's own way, but yes, that was slap stick silliness next to the dark, dark premise of Sucker Punch.

In retrospect, I have to say that it was genius.

It made no effing sense, but justified well enough the UNMITIGATED BADASSERY that ensued.

Again....5 hot chicks battling WWII nazi walking dead with state of the art automatic weapons and swords........

Poetry in motion....

Sure................. hot chicks in skimpy outfits......................... with guns!!!!!!!!!!!

It couldn't go too wrong from the start. But the thing that put it over the top was.........................................................

The Music! :D

Sure................. hot chicks in skimpy outfits......................... with guns!!!!!!!!!!!

It couldn't go too wrong from the start. But the thing that put it over the top was.........................................................

The Music! :D

"Feed your head!" as zombies spray steam and skirts fly up and expose panties, and bad assery ensues...

Any guy who doesn't like this has troubles.

I bought it. (digital amazon library)

Too often I want to re-watch any of the first 3 fantasy battles. All so well done.

The premise completely does away with what I would usually be complaining about: Unrealistic, waaaaay too over the top, preposterous non historically accurate settings, etc.

It is ALL in her head. So ANYTHING goes....(and pretty much does)

When the 20 ft stone shogun warrior pulls out a chain gun and begins to hose the temple to pieces, I want to stand up and cheer.

When we "go ask Alice" and the bizarre big war mecha thing shoots up into the sky amid warplanes and bizarre blimps, while on the ground, hotties engage zombie nazis in well done action violence (better done than a lot of action movies) I am nearly speechless.

The orc infested castle and dragon are cool, but indicate a slight downturn that culminates with the irobot infested train.......but even that was better than the movie Irobot.

This movie sucked. Oh, it was all in her mind but followed a stylized version of what really happened. Wow. Queue wavy dream segue.

I didn't try to pick it apart too much. There was just too much good, solid, ass-kicking going on to make a study out of it. It's a fantasy effect after all. BAD ASS ACTION FLICK WITH HOT CHICKS.

No other qualifiers necessary.

This movie sucked. Oh, it was all in her mind but followed a stylized version of what really happened. Wow. Queue wavy dream segue.

Clearly we disagree.

One thing I think we agree on though, they could have used more shots of SOFAS.

The number of roles available for SOFAS in modern films is blatantly lacking. The addition of a #^@#^codemonkey or two might have added more complexity too.

;)

Bad ass chicks kick ass. Even better than the moment when you realize that the whole movie is about a girl who creates a dream world inside an escape from reality fantasy, to protect her sanity from an unimaginably horrific real life.

I might have to check out the blu-ray again. I forgot how friggin awesome this movie is!

Bad ass chicks kick ass. Even better than the moment when you realize that the whole movie is about a girl who creates a dream world inside an escape from reality fantasy, to protect her sanity from an unimaginably horrific real life.

I might have to check out the blu-ray again. I forgot how friggin awesome this movie is!

I want to say that it was $7.99 (digitally) on amazon to own it.

I knew I would rent it 3 or 4 times over the next 5 years, so why not???

Zul'jin didn't like my bait ;)

Here little fella!!!https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f45/equality-movie-roles-sofas-452354/

Back