Most INSANE Idea Ever

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

60acresbrewclub

Reaction score
I was going to post this in brew science, and I've decided against it. I suspect this might be quite danegerous...

A man makes a large yeast starter of a high temperature yeast, like Wyeast 3724, and then begins to to drink it slowly over 24hours while also consuming large amounts of dextrose high food, like pixy sticks. And takes steps to keep his body temperature as low as possible.

Could he theoretically become a belching/drunken fermenter??

I say this because I need a Halloween costume better then zombie kaitlen jenner and I think bringing Fermentation man to life might interesting. JK about actually doing.this.

Anyone who's farted knows that they are a fermentor. Your digestive tract, especially the small intestine, contains loads of workers to get every last nutrient out of the long-chain sugars running through your digestive tract. When bacteria meets sugars that didn't get metabolized in your stomach, they get metabolized. Gases (H2, CO2, and methane) are produced. Blue flame.

There was a news item within the last year of a guy who got drunk just from eating. He was true fermentor.

Ah, here you go:

Man's gut fermented food into alcohol, making him drunk, case study finds

Anyone who's farted knows that they are a fermentor. Your digestive tract, especially the small intestine, contains loads of workers to get every last nutrient out of the long-chain sugars running through your digestive tract. When bacteria meets sugars that didn't get metabolized in your stomach, they get metabolized. Gases (H2, CO2, and methane) are produced. Blue flame.

There was a news item within the last year of a guy who got drunk just from eating. He was true fermentor.

Ah, here you go:

all they joys of getting absolutely wasted without any of that pesky "tasting" nonsense getting in the way.

Some yeast definitely survives the digestive tract. I've learned not to drink homebrew and eat popcorn in the same evening anymore. It's a recipe for a restless night of "sleep."

Ah, here you go:

Damn some one beat me to it... I guess it is possible!

I was going to post this in brew science, and I've decided against it. I suspect this might be quite danegerous...

A man makes a large yeast starter of a high temperature yeast, like Wyeast 3724, and then begins to to drink it slowly over 24hours while also consuming large amounts of dextrose high food, like pixy sticks. And takes steps to keep his body temperature as low as possible.

Could he theoretically become a belching/drunken fermenter??

I say this because I need a Halloween costume better then zombie kaitlen jenner and I think bringing Fermentation man to life might interesting. JK about actually doing.this.

Figures, Jersey, I love my state but it seems to be a constant source of embarrassment :smack:

Back