More Wal-Mart Fun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjung

Reaction score
It's not Black Friday without at least ONE story like this...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/mon...temporarily-closes-after-fighting-inside.html

But in Upland, employees said, customers began tearing into merchandise that had been shrink-wrapped and were supposed to be opened at 5 a.m.

They wouldn’t let people line up,” she added. “They were belligerent. They just bombarded the store.”
Several officers were sent and stood by as shoppers were kicked out and the store closed down, Etchason said. The bargain hunters were told to line up in the parking lot.

Meanwhile, the carts were emptied and all the items returned to the shelves, employees said. But they said that outside, people began “yelling and screaming,” pounding on the glass doors and trying to sneak into the store through the lawn and garden section.

needed some experienced security perhaps

Screen_shot_2009-11-24_at_11_48_02_AM.png

kjung;1704175]It's not Black Friday without at least ONE story like this...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/mon...temporarily-closes-after-fighting-inside.html

They wouldn’t let people line up,” she added. “They were belligerent. They just bombarded the store.”
Several officers were sent and stood by as shoppers were kicked out and the store closed down, Etchason said. The bargain hunters were told to line up in the parking lot.

Meanwhile, the carts were emptied and all the items returned to the shelves, employees said. But they said that outside, people began “yelling and screaming,” pounding on the glass doors and trying to sneak into the store through the lawn and garden section.

This is why I slept in this morning (until ~9am) I wouldn't be sad at all if Black Friday ended this year. :)

Got a phone call from a friend Friday morning. They had seen a sale on a glider rocker at Babies R Us. SWMBO had the chair on our baby registry but no one got it for us. Price was 399.99. My friend told me it was on sale for 150. HOLY Crap! I didn't want to go, but I did. Got in, and out in under 15 minutes. I was actually surprised traffic and shopping wasn't more of a mess.

I never shop on black friday. Just because of the masses of mouth breathers that cause problems like in the OP.

There was another incident where a woman (obviously an eBay'er) tried to buy 5 plasma TVs, clearly marked one-per-customer. The store finally called the cops in after she attacked several employees. Punching a cop too wasn't a good idea.

I've been in a WalMart once. Purchased a GPS, returned it 45 minutes later as the map software was missing. One of those "inspected returns".

Back