more capacity than 32 QT... but keep it narrow

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ApolloSpeed

Reaction score
I've been looking around, sending emails....trying to see if anyone makes a decent pot that holds more than 32 qt, and has an outside diameter of 13.5" or less.

??:drunk: no flimsy 1 or 2 mil thick junk

I've been looking around, sending emails....trying to see if anyone makes a decent pot that holds more than 32 qt, and has an outside diameter of 13.5" or less.

??:drunk: no flimsy 1 or 2 mil thick junk

I'm assuming you're looking for aluminum if you want something thicker than 2mm? We have a 9gal that is 13.5" wide but that's not much bigger than the 32qt you already have.

I'm assuming you're looking for aluminum if you want something thicker than 2mm? We have a 9gal that is 13.5" wide but that's not much bigger than the 32qt you already have.

aluminum or ss doesn't matter to me....probably aluminum cause it's usually cheaper.

I'll have to check the 13.5" and see if that fits.

btw, I don't see this option on your site.

it's too bad yours are only 1 mil....you should offer an aluminum one like this http://www.webstaurantstore.com/40-qt-vollrath-wear-ever-classic-4310-aluminum-rolled-edge-stock-pot/9224310.html also a usa product!!
this one is 4 times thicker than the one you offer, and a bundle cheaper!!

You can't compare thicknesses of Al and SS. A 1mm stainless kettle is about as thick as they make and is tough as nails. A 4mm Aluminum is actually on the thinner side and dents quite easily. For Aluminum 6mm would be considered thick and still doesn't have the toughness that stainless steel does.

You can't compare thicknesses of Al and SS. A 1mm stainless kettle is about as thick as they make and is tough as nails. A 4mm Aluminum is actually on the thinner side and dents quite easily. For Aluminum 6mm would be considered thick and still doesn't have the toughness that stainless steel does.

personally, I'll take the .162 thick walls and .324 thick bottom aluminum pot over a .039 thick all the way around SS...

SS might be tougher, but I don't plan on beating up ghetto thugs with my brew pot.

Tiger chef has a 60 quart (15 gal) alum pot for $57. They are located in New York and shipping to me in western pa is only $12. Across the country to 90210 is under $18. The thickness is 4.33 mm (between 5-6 / 32nds inches. http://www.tigerchef.com/thunder-group-alsksp009-60-qt.html

I'm thinking about getting this instead of buying another turkey fryer for $40. I have a 4 burner grill with a side burner as well. Do u think this would heat up sparge water?

image-2924783214.jpg

Tiger chef has a 60 quart (15 gal) alum pot for $57. They are located in New York and shipping to me in western pa is only $12. Across the country to 90210 is under $18. The thickness is 4.33 mm (between 5-6 / 32nds inches. http://www.tigerchef.com/thunder-group-alsksp009-60-qt.html

I'm thinking about getting this instead of buying another turkey fryer for $40. I have a 4 burner grill with a side burner as well. Do u think this would heat up sparge water?

that's cool and all, but what is the diameter?:drunk:

It doesn't say. Other ones seem to be around 16 :(. U could check smaller sizes. They seem to have great prices

Apollo... I'm not sure if you will find what you're looking for. I was in a similar situation. I ended up buying a 44 qt pot that was wider than what I wanted, and I modified my turkey burner to accommodate the new larger pot...

I just ordered a vollrath 40 qt stock pot, 14 inches. It has an extra thick bottom and 1/4 inch sides so, this thing should be a beast. This pot will remain free from holes because from my experience spigots and temp guages with the weldless fixtures were more of a PIA than they were worth. Also the thickness is important because hot spots gave me alot of problems (stainless steel). So, will update when this pot arrives and after I brew in it.
What wrong wid da beer we got?

Back