Montana Roll Call

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see no one from MT has checked in here for almost a year.

I'm new to this board but not new to brewing. I divide my time between a farm near the little town of Hogeland, near the Canadian border, and Billings. I brew at the farm because I haven't figured out how to squeeze a brewing setup into our small house in the city. One advantage to spending part of the time is Billings is Billings Homebrew Supply, a great LHBS.

So, hello to my fellow Montanans from the Frozen Tundra (which is in no danger of freezing any time soon).

Mark

Hello and welcome! Chinook here, so I am willing to bet that we know a lot of the same people. :mug:

i'm just posting here to say that i'm surprised there's two pages of people that live in montana... 🤣 i always thought it was like canada, and just a desolate waste land covered in snow.....

I'll be passing close to Hogeland at the end of May, heading to the Turner/Climax border crossing.
Yeah. Hogeland isn’t on your way to anywhere; you have to come here on purpose. If you add about 10 miles to the drive from Harlem to Turner you can go there by way of Hogeland. My place is right on the main road, 15 miles west of Turner. You could stop by for a homebrew. :mug:

Once you get past the snow, the wildfires and the wind there are still some upsides to living in Montana. I'm surrounded by lakes and rivers, the Rockies are 10 miles away out my living room window (my profile pic is part of that view), and I have deer and antelope out my front door most of the year.

i'm just posting here to say that i'm surprised there's two pages of people that live in montana... 🤣 i always thought it was like canada, and just a desolate waste land covered in snow.....
Please, Don't think any different, It's ugly, bug infested, cold and snow and hot and dusty. Heck we don't have inside toilets and running water.

Once you get past the snow, the wildfires and the wind there are still some upsides to living in Montana. I'm surrounded by lakes and rivers, the Rockies are 10 miles away out my living room window (my profile pic is part of that view), and I have deer and antelope out my front door most of the year.
SHHH, Don't tell people that, they will then all want to move here.

Back