MM3 keeps jamming

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pmkealiher

Reaction score
I've had my MM3 for about six months. I've had problems with it jamming from the very first use but could always make it work after adjusting the bottom roller. All of a sudden it just stopped working. I've adjusted it every which way, cleaned the rollers, oiled with vegetable oil; nothing works. Sometimes I wonder if it's the hopper, which is the Monster Mill hopper, because it looks like grain gets piled up under the hopper on each side but I don't think that would be such a big deal.
I don't know, any tips before I end up having to get a new one?

What's your gap set at? Are both adjustment screws equal? Do you have the base plate from monster/are the side plates square? It's not the hopper. And how are you powering it?

Mine was problematic until i finally got it dialed in.

Things that can make this mill not work. 1 Over tightening the big 4 bolts on the bottom. 2 having the rollers touching another roller, especially if the rollers are off center.
3 Oiling a mill may invite the fine powder to mix with the oil making sludge. 4 my little 1/3hp blower motor can't do the small grinds with things like wheat. 5 not marking the adjustment knobs AKA adjusting the mix without knowing if your going smaller or larger. That's all I got,

Back