Mixing Danstar Windsor with..?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heckofagator

Reaction score
I am hoping to brew a batch of porter this weekend that I believe has a OG of around 1.075. From doing some reading here, I think I'd like to double up on the yeast packets. I am getting a packet of Danstar Windsor with this kit and also have a couple more kits coming and will also have some Safale S-04 and US-05 available.

so assuming 1 packet of the Windsor will go in, should I try to get another packet of that to keep it all the same? I've also seen good things about Nottingham? Or would one of the Safale's be ok, which would save me a trip to the brew shop?

Thanks!

S-05 is very neutral. It wouldn't be a big deal to add that one. A porter doesn't rely on any flavor from the yeast, so no issues in this case.

You wouldn't want to mix yeasts in something where the yeast contributed more to the flavor of the beer, like a Hefewiezen or Belgian.

Back