Miller's Ale House?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airborneguy

Retired and Brewing
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Can anyone fill me in?

There's one of these opening not far from my house. It seems like a run of the mill wannabe-beer place, but they have a "local beer lists will vary" disclaimer on their site.

we have them down here - several in a 60 mile radius. they usually have a large variety menu and a lot appetizer type dish's. Usually they have most of the commercial brews as well as local craft brews they can get access to put them on tap.

Yeah they're nothing special, kind of a glorified sports bar. Food is mediocre and the beer selection is fine but nothing great. They're a dime a dozen here in the south. Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll have an okay local beer selection though.

One opening in Paramus, NJ shortly. Had the same questions and came to the same sort of conclusion upon googling. I'll probably check it out once though.

I've been to a few different locations of these ale houses and they vary quite a bit from place to place. I tend to think of them as a step up from bw3...

Looks like it's at least worth a shot. I'm not sure when it's opening exactly, but they seem to be trying o build the entire shopping center as fast as possible.

if your looking for a step up in sports bars i recommend looking for the Tilted Kilts :D

We have one in Boston and the food and service is pretty mediocre. The people that work there are clueless and have served us beer AND food we did not order. Luckily we have other options, but they have an ok beer selection.

they have one in mount laurel, nj. i saw it the last time i went back home to see family in the area. from the sound of it the general consensus is that its not worth checking it out

Bad food, and a wide variety of macrobrews. Sometimes they will have one or two good microbrews on tap.

Back