Michigan's Upper Peninsula Travel Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When should we do this Talk Beer weekend at The Fitz?, serious question.

I have a four year vertical of BCBS starting in 11, Vanilla, Coffee, and BW 1/6th barrels and a quarter of CBS (among other things). I want to share them with all of you.
Probably won't crack all of these for the weekend, but would either do the A) Vertical B)Variants C)CBS/KBS/Backwoods and some sort of other surprises.
Thoughts, concerns, what weekends work best, who's interested, music, Thursday-Sun, Fri-Mon, what what?

In my mind, we pick a weekend, On Thursday shut the dining room down after like 7 o clock, put out a bunch of smoked meats, have someone play some music for us, and drink till the wee hours. Keep the beers on tap all weekend for everyone to enjoy, but still open the restaurant for normal service. We have 12 rooms...each with two beds. So all couples it would 24, couples and friends we could do around 36, if we packed four into every room it'd be 48. So plenty of beer.
count me in!

which of my fibby friends are commin with me!

ahh, end radio silence.

I've had alot going on. Whilst on my motorcycle en route to California in January I learned that Anjila and I are having our first child in September. So, I've been consumed with purchasing a house, learning about contractions, and getting El Fitzo up and running. Blah blah, that's not why I'm here.

Next Thursday, May 21st, we will be tapping a three year vertical of BCBS. '12, '13, and '14. We originally thought we had a four year, but as it turns out we have two different dates for two 2012 kegs.

So, here's the deal. Thursday at 8 the dining room will be closed. We'll tap the kegs. For $30 bucks, you get a four ounce pour of each, and some grub. We're not sure what yet. Pulled Pork, Brisket, Black Bean Hummus, pickled veggies, some pork belly french toast...etc etc. It'll be worth $30, trust me. Also, I'll be pulling out an '06 thru '14 bottle vertical, including one Rare. We're going to selling 22 tickets, so everyone gets an ounce of Rare. Sorry, that's what I got. That's not included in the cost, it's just me pouring beer for friends.
Rooms will be $60 bucks that night. We have a good amount of rooms left for the whole weekend. If you drive from far far away, I'll hook ya up if you want to stay more nights.
Ya'll are the first to know about this. Hasn't been posted on Facebook or anything like that yet. If you're interested, send me a private message or give me a call (906) 231-7666. Cheers!

ahh, end radio silence.

I've had alot going on. Whilst on my motorcycle en route to California in January I learned that Anjila and I are having our first child in September. So, I've been consumed with purchasing a house, learning about contractions, and getting El Fitzo up and running. Blah blah, that's not why I'm here.

Next Thursday, May 21st, we will be tapping a three year vertical of BCBS. '12, '13, and '14. We originally thought we had a four year, but as it turns out we have two different dates for two 2012 kegs.

So, here's the deal. Thursday at 8 the dining room will be closed. We'll tap the kegs. For $30 bucks, you get a four ounce pour of each, and some grub. We're not sure what yet. Pulled Pork, Brisket, Black Bean Hummus, pickled veggies, some pork belly french toast...etc etc. It'll be worth $30, trust me. Also, I'll be pulling out an '06 thru '14 bottle vertical, including one Rare. We're going to selling 22 tickets, so everyone gets an ounce of Rare. Sorry, that's what I got. That's not included in the cost, it's just me pouring beer for friends.
Rooms will be $60 bucks that night. We have a good amount of rooms left for the whole weekend. If you drive from far far away, I'll hook ya up if you want to stay more nights.
Ya'll are the first to know about this. Hasn't been posted on Facebook or anything like that yet. If you're interested, send me a private message or give me a call (906) 231-7666. Cheers!

Nice to see you back on here. And congratulations!

So, how many of you ended up going UP for the Bourbon County/ Black Note? Super stoked, headed up there this week Sunday. MarcatGSB, any requests from down here?

Anyone heard of burnt marshmallow brewery? It's fairly new....heading up there tomorrow and could use some opinions...

Latest posts

Back