Michigan House Bill 4061 supports us

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmf143

Reaction score
Michigan House Bill 4061 is currently in Commitee and deserves our support. The portion of interest to Michigan homebrewers is Section 1027(3)(d):

(3) this section does not prohibit any of the following:

A micro brewer or brew pub from allowing the sampling and
consumption on the licensed premise of beer produced by 1 or more home brewers at a meeting of home brewers, or a club composed primarily of home brewers, under the following circumstances:

(i) the sampling 1 or consumption is for the purpose of exhibitions or competitions involving home brewers.
(ii) the beer is served in portions not to exceed 6 ounces.
(iii) no sale of beer is made to members of the general public.
(iv) the participants otherwise comply with applicable state and federal law and applicable regulatory provisions of this act and rules adopted by the commission under this act.

The entire bill can be found here
http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(as...g.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=2011-HB-4061

and your Representative can be found here
http://house.michigan.gov/find_a_rep.asp

Please take a moment to fax or email your Representative and encourage the passage of this bill.

Email sent. My wife went to school with Rep. Potvin's son in Cadillac.

This would be so nice. I could really see a local homebrewer club starting up here if we could meet at a brewpub in Big Rapids.

House Bill 4061, aka Don't Mess with Homebrewers Bill, passed out of the Regulatory Reform Committee yesterday. There were 0 "No" votes, 1 "pass".

So, the next step is to the House floor, hopefully next week. The House Majority Floor Leader, Jim Stamas, voted for the bill in committee. He is a strong advocate to get this over to the Senate.

Senate Majority Leader, Randy Richardville, has committed to support the bill once it reaches the Senate.

How can you help? Send a note to your Representative and Senator saying you urge them to vote for HB 4061.

Those in Sen. Richardville's district (Monroe) can send a simple "Thank You" note for his support of HB 4061.

I got a couple of responses when I sent emails to the committee indicating that they support the bill. I also got a few automated responses, and a bunch of nothing too.

Contacting my rep today!

Latest posts

Back