Mice ate my Beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luckymic

Reaction score
Yes they ate it before I could brew it. Like an idiot I took my grains and hops that were in an already opened box in the house and brought it into the garage (planning on brewing) and didnt get to it like I hoped to. About 2 weeks later I go out and open the box to a huge mess with mice droppings everywhere. They devoured the entire bag of grain and chewed into 5 1oz bags of hops of the IPA i had planned on brewing. Any suggestions on what to do with an 8lb bucket of Extra Pale LME.

They'll be coming back and exploring more now that they've found a glorious food cache. And if it's gone when they come back they'll be exploring more, maybe even head into the house and attic. Next thing you know they're eating the dog's food and your electronics are missing. I would personally get a few cats and install laser beams and flame throwers on their freakin' heads. I'm certain you can find something like that on craigslist. If you can't, put a few traps out and see if you can eliminate any future problems. Catch one and put it's skeletal remains on a stake in the backyard to warn it's friends.

That's what I'd do anyway. You could always brew their droppings, I'm sure your grains and hops are in there somewhere.

Isn't there a story about Guinness and rats. Granted it isn't true but thought about it when I read this thread.

Buy an extra pound of grain and mix in a little rat poison. I'm sure they will eat it right up after their last feast. Bye Bye mice!

Back