metalic taste

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afrylink

Reaction score
i recently brewed a batch of Belgium triple with mixed results , almost half of it came out with a bitter metalic taste and the other half was decent. I thought it might of been because I didn't strain all the hops out of it and they got left in the primary fermenter

I've never had an off flavor due to hops being in the primary, so I would rule that out. If you used an aluminum pot and it was your first time using it, that can cause metallic off flavors. If you post some more details about what you did, we may be able to more readily identify your problem.

I've never had an off flavor due to hops being in the primary, so I would rule that out. If you used an aluminum pot and it was your first time using it, that can cause metallic off flavors. If you post some more details about what you did, we may be able to more readily identify your problem.

i used a s/s pot that I used before , everything was properly sealed and air locked. I used the ingredients from the brewers best box.. nothing got burnt or stuck to the bottom.. i even used a carboy as secondary fermenter to try and get the beer clearer. It was in the secondary for about 2 weeks and in the bottles for the same

I had this happen with a sweet stout I made a few batches ago. Everything taste fine before bottling. In my case, I'm blaming some sort of infection, because all the bottles seem to have a gusher bug. I was sad.

Back