McMaster List suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kegtoe

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am ordering a coupling to automate my mill, and also ordering an 11 gal screw top bucket for DME.

I am looking to fill an order up to about $200 for some misc parts. Whats you suggestion for improving any brew set-up and what parts should i buy.

Is ordering parts for other brewers from the goodness of your heart out of the question? LOL

Seriously, hard to say when we don't know what you have already. I'd love to have a few sheets of stainless steel mesh and some perforated sheets of SS as well. SS tubing always comes in handy, also some compression fittings. Switches! High temp tubing?

I got a stir bar from McMaster cheapest place i could find (shipped) for a single bar bulk orders are a lot cheaper elsewhere but i wasn't sure what size bar to get. I didn't want to order 10 a size that wouldn't perform well.

I should preface this by saying that I live in Central Illinois: I ordered from McMaster Carr a while back and didn't realize that overnight shipping was kinda their thing until after I placed my order. At the time of checkout, they also didn't tell me how much shipping was. I placed my order at about 3pm and received it the next day by noon. I had a bad feeling about the shipping charges until I checked the invoice. $5.00! I couldn't believe it. I'm definitely a fan. Their stuff is expensive, but at least you get it the next day. Awesome!

My office orders from McMaster often if you call them ahead of time they will tell you the shipping cost before you order but only by phone.

I should preface this by saying that I live in Central Illinois: I ordered from McMaster Carr a while back and didn't realize that overnight shipping was kinda their thing until after I placed my order. At the time of checkout, they also didn't tell me how much shipping was. I placed my order at about 3pm and received it the next day by noon. I had a bad feeling about the shipping charges until I checked the invoice. $5.00! I couldn't believe it. I'm definitely a fan. Their stuff is expensive, but at least you get it the next day. Awesome!

Best company I've ever seen. Definitely the best brewers resource..

I'd go with worm drive thumb screw hose clamps for stuff (especially bigger stuff) to do away with the screw driver. Or how bout a pressure ferment setup if you want to try Sanke fermenting.

Back