Mashtun Manifold: Copper or PVC?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
davidkrau said:
To Monster Mash and Lounge Lizard

I've finished ths SS braib set up for my 5 gal round Igloo. How does this sound? any suggestions for refinements 12 Feet braided SS. Is this too long?

Okay, just got back from Home Depot with copper pipe, tees, elbows, a new hole saw kit, (bought a Mapp torch the other day) etc.... the problem is I couldn't find any stainless steel braided line! I looked by the plumbing supplies. Is it somewhere else?

All I could find was various lengths of some kind of polyester braided stuff.

Where did you (or anyone else) find your 12 foot length??

You looked in the right dept.( plumbing) I think it's used to hook uP sinks to water supplies etc. It comes in varius lengths.

davidkrau said:
You looked in the right dept.( plumbing) I think it's used to hook uP sinks to water supplies etc. It comes in varius lengths.

Thanks... So, you went to Home Depot? I guess I'll try another one or a hardware store tomorrow. The longest I found was three feet long and it wasn't real stainless. Different lengths were hanging on a rack.

Yours is definitely stainless and not polyester? ;)

Lounge Lizard said:
Thanks... So, you went to Home Depot? I guess I'll try another one or a hardware store tomorrow. The longest I found was three feet long and it wasn't real stainless. Different lengths were hanging on a rack.

Yours is definitely stainless and not polyester? ;)

Pretty sure Ace has it too (but I use a copper manifold). At least at my Ace HW stores there not quite the morons like HD and lowes.

Home depot will definitely have it - look near the toilet repair parts. Just make sure that you buy one that is actually stainless....many of the ones that they carry are made of braided plastic material that is painted silver.

Yeah all the home improvement box stores have it. I use it too, but I don't have a tee like Monster Mash. I just hooked up one end and crimped the other. Whatever works.

Okay, guys... I found out that places like Home Depot have braided lines scattered all over the store. They have them by the hot water heaters, by the washing machines, and over near the lawn irrigation department. I had no idea that all the braided lines wouldn't be in one place! Dumb assumption on my part, I guess.

Went to a Lowes today, and the sales clerk showed me two out of three places where the lines were. Didn't find what I was looking for, so I was headed out the door. THEN on the way out, I stumbled across more braided lines in the washing machine area. Bingo! I found a four foot length in stainless in the right diameter.

I guess I shouldn't feel too bad about not finding what I was looking for right away. The sales clerk was even at a loss... ha ha

I also picked up a wallpaper paste tray to sanitize my autosiphon and racking canes in.... :)

Monster, thanks for sharing the party photos. That looks like and excellent party and of course the chicks tossing kegs....awesome.

Are these all homebrews and you get a park space and go for it? That is fantastic.

joe s. sausage said:
Monster, thanks for sharing the party photos. That looks like and excellent party and of course the chicks tossing kegs....awesome.

Are these all homebrews and you get a park space and go for it? That is fantastic.

Its funny you ask because we are doing it again this weekend. We will have about 200 people at a campground we reserved. We should have over 50 beers on tap...

Mayfaire Fest... http://maltosefalcons.com/

Back