Making cider in Fairfield County CT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe_in_CT

Reaction score
I have started my first batches of cider with some Whole Food's juice and two different yeasts. I will be buying some fresh juice from a "local" orchard for a larger batch next month.

I would eventually like to make a French style of cider... and I may work towards getting some cider varieties growing in the area.

Joe

I have started my first batches of cider with some Whole Food's juice and two different yeasts. I will be buying some fresh juice from a "local" orchard for a larger batch next month.

I would eventually like to make a French style of cider... and I may work towards getting some cider varieties growing in the area.

Joe

welcome! Hope the cider turns out well. You may want to check out Graff (use the search function to find it). MANY folks have reported great success with that recipe-- I tried it but not a huge fan.. maybe I'm just not a fan of cider :).

And of course, the grand-daddy of apple-juice recipes on here: Apfelwein is worth a look

Rodisian,

The challenge for me is to make a sweet, sparkling cider without adding sugar or any sweetener. It would be easier to make something harder, or beer-like... IMO

Back