Maiden voyage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newtobrew1981

Reaction score
Hi all I've been lurking around for a while now and I have been putting together a three vessel system for about a year now. Finally completed the build of the system and going to taking it out on its maiden voyage for the first time. Looking for suggestions of first beer. Also forgot to mention I'm a first time all grain brewer as well. Cheers I will post some pics later.

Last edited:
I would go with a style that you are familiar with, but before that I would put this system through its paces with just water first. That will give you an idea of what your inputs need to be based on boil off, dead space, etc. Making sure you come out close to where you expected is a component to quality and repeatability.

Also throw a pic up if you like, we all enjoy that!

Wow...what a way to start...haha. I agree with Cascades...do a style you know, so you have a standard or basis of comparison. My first truly experimental batch was a steam beer...had never heard of it...so I tried Anchor Steam and then tried to make a clone to see if I could nail the taste/style. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back