Magnum apple cider kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopZombie99

Reaction score
Hi lads, bought a cider kit and threw it together. Took me like 15 minutes! Anyways, in my haste, I forgot to measure the OG. Not that it matters, but I'm just curious as I have never done this magnum apple cider kit before. Google searches have let me down.

I didn't add any extra fermentables to the kit, so I'd like to know if anyone out there knows the OG.

UPDATE: I bottled the batch last night and I drank a pint of it. It was fairly good flat. Carbonation will definitely help, but it was drinkable as is. The apple flavor is there, but it is ever so slightly strange. Fair aroma, but a lot of the yeast was still in suspension, so I'm thinking that was affecting the smell. It was pretty clear to begin with, but by the looks, it will be very clear with some time. No fining agents. If I were to trust my taste, I would guess that it was approximately 5%. It measured 3.57 brix and if I go by BrewDrink's helpful calculation, it started at approximately 9.98 brix. 9.98 (1.040) down to 3.57 accounting for alcohol is .999. 1.040 => 0.999 = 5.38% Rough estimate.

Thanks,

HZ99

In this review the brewer had an OG of 1.052 with 600g added sugars. According to this hydrometer chart, that would have been somewhere around 1.040 without the sugar.

Cheers!
B&D

Hi lads, bought a cider kit and threw it together. Took me like 15 minutes! Anyways, in my haste, I forgot to measure the OG. Not that it matters, but I'm just curious as I have never done this magnum apple cider kit before. Google searches have let me down.

I didn't add any extra fermentables to the kit, so I'd like to know if anyone out there knows the OG.

Thanks,

HZ99

Back