Lurking Celebrities on HBT???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MVKTR2

Reaction score
I started to post this to the random drunken thoughts thread but I'm not drunk I'm fukn crazy!

Think about it, it's got to happen here and in other online communities. You gotta believe Adam Sandler or Kevin James or one of the many Kardashians even the transsexual is a hug homebrewing fan. Yet they're signed up as Bob from Macon GA, occupation diesel mechanic. Perhaps Denzel Washington or Tom Hanks belong to some foodie groups? I can see Zach Galifinakis trying not to be deadpan funny on some forum about reptiles.

We know Will Wheaton of Star Trek fame is an avid homebrewer, I'm sure he's visited HBT. Celebrities I'm calling you out, it's time to quit lurking, come into the light!

Well, I was bound to be found out at some point.

Yes, it's true. I am not "Homer", IT guy in a small town in Michigan. I am Oprah Winfrey, famous generous talk show host and movie star. Better that I reveal myself, myself, than to have it come out as a scandal.

But whatever. I am not ashamed of my passion for this wonderful hobby!

For me it started way back when I was filming Sister Act. There was an older gentleman who used to be in charge of cleaning up after lunch break. (He didn't actually clean it up himself, he was in charge of it. This was a union set!) He was always chatting about homebrewing to whoever was around. At first I didn't think much of it, but one time I asked him to bring some in, and when he did, I was completely impressed! He started describing all of the different styles and flavors of beer and I was hooked. I HAD to give this a try! (Back then there wasn't all kinds of different beers on the store shelves like there is today.)

It was difficult back then, since I was not only a woman, but BLACK as well! Nobody took me seriously. I found Homebrewtalk on a google search and after a while decided to sign up. But I knew I couldn't let it be known who I actually was. For starters, there is the whole fame thing. It would have meant being treated differently from everyone else. Not only that, but if anyone knew I hung out here, the site would have been flooded with inane posts asking me personal questions, ranting, etc. Just more drama than the site deserved.

So I chose a "Clark Kent" persona for this generation: IT Guy. Humble, unassuming, nerdy. Smart enough to handle technical stuff, yet self-deprecating and lower-middle class in status. "Average Guy". I tried to emulate what it might be like to be a man by focusing a bit too much on how I like women, sex, sports, etc. Hope I didn't overdo it!

Anyway, maybe it's time to come clean. I've been a member of this site for many years now, so I think I have a right to expect the same treatment I've always gotten from everyone else here.

Well, have to go. Director is calling. I mean, I have a Fire Safety meeting to attend to!! ;)

Last edited:
Wow, you guys are good! Pablo Sandoval here. I play ball for the Red Sox now, formerly of the Giants. I do most of my posting here while in the dugout, but I've been known to ban a spammer while playing 3rd Base if a Nat League pitcher is up to bat.

Baseball been very very good to me. Homebrewing too! I like to brew when we are in town on homestands.

BTW, my original screen name here was Panda Spews. But I thought that was a little obvious, so I rearranged the letters into passedpawn. I think it's a chess thing, not sure. Chess aint my thing. I like hobbies I can eat.

Augustus Busch here. 81 years of cryo-stasis and they woke me up because of homebrew, da fuq?

Guess I'll just have to start buying HBS now.

I do _share_ a name with a well known athlete... I think I just ran out of time though for the banks to mix up our paychecks and for me to come out on the upside though.

Elvis Presley here.

Knowing that homebrewing would become legal in 1978, I faked my own death in 1977 so that I could devote all my energies to this hobby the moment it became legal.

4677083_700b.jpg

Well, I was bound to be found out at some point.

Yes, it's true. I am not "Homer", IT guy in a small town in Michigan. I am Oprah Winfrey, famous generous talk show host and movie star. Better that I reveal myself, myself, than to have it come out as a scandal.

But whatever. I am not ashamed of my passion for this wonderful hobby!

For me it started way back when I was filming Sister Act. There was an older gentleman who used to be in charge of cleaning up after lunch break. (He didn't actually clean it up himself, he was in charge of it. This was a union set!) He was always chatting about homebrewing to whoever was around. At first I didn't think much of it, but one time I asked him to bring some in, and when he did, I was completely impressed! He started describing all of the different styles and flavors of beer and I was hooked. I HAD to give this a try! (Back then there wasn't all kinds of different beers on the store shelves like there is today.)

It was difficult back then, since I was not only a woman, but BLACK as well! Nobody took me seriously. I found Homebrewtalk on a google search and after a while decided to sign up. But I knew I couldn't let it be known who I actually was. For starters, there is the whole fame thing. It would have meant being treated differently from everyone else. Not only that, but if anyone knew I hung out here, the site would have been flooded with inane posts asking me personal questions, ranting, etc. Just more drama than the site deserved.

So I chose a "Clark Kent" persona for this generation: IT Guy. Humble, unassuming, nerdy. Smart enough to handle technical stuff, yet self-deprecating and lower-middle class in status. "Average Guy". I tried to emulate what it might be like to be a man by focusing a bit too much on how I like women, sex, sports, etc. Hope I didn't overdo it!

Anyway, maybe it's time to come clean. I've been a member of this site for many years now, so I think I have a right to expect the same treatment I've always gotten from everyone else here.

Well, have to go. Director is calling. I mean, I have a Fire Safety meeting to attend to!! ;)

Where Stedman ???

Stedman is actually my beer. When I talk about how much I love Stedman, I'm actually referring to how much I love my beer.

Sometimes I have a model of a particularly average person fill in for Stedman on camera, but it's all a ruse. No mere mortal can ever hold a place in my heart like beer can.

Stedman is actually my beer. When I talk about how much I love Stedman, I'm actually referring to how much I love my beer.

Sometimes I have a model of a particularly average person fill in for Stedman on camera, but it's all a ruse. No mere mortal can ever hold a place in my heart like beer can.

giphy.gif

Augustus Busch here. 81 years of cryo-stasis and they woke me up because of homebrew, da fuq?

Guess I'll just have to start buying HBS now.

Funny, August Busch the VI married a local girl here. They divorced 2 years later. He brought the horses and paraded them through town and only served bud at the reception. Kind of a hardo, but I would be too if I wasn't Kathy Ireland.

I'm Geddy Lee, all this time I thought this was a fantasy baseball site with a few wine recipes.

The only reason Kathy Ireland was in Zymurgy is because Charlie P thought that having a sexy model on the cover would promote the hobby and steer it away from the horny nerd demographic.

He only half succeeded.

Back