Low Foam Sanitizer - Sani Clean

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morrey

Reaction score
Since I began using a CIP spray ball with a pump, foaming has become an issue with Star San.

I normally run a cycle with PBW, rinse the use a sanitizer as the final step. Star San is my standard sanitizer but used in this application, my tank is full of foam.

Is Sani Clean a good alternative? I'll have adequate contact time, just wondering if this product is a reasonable solution for this particular use? Low foam...no rinse?

I was reading through some old threads discussing Sani Clean, and one poster said foaming remained to be an issue for them using Sani Clean. This product is called a low foaming sanitizer, so is their issue with foaming possibly due to the fact they did not use the correct dilution amounts? FiveStar says to use 1 oz in 3G of water, and in that dilution no rinsing is needed. Could foaming be an issue if used in the correct dilution?

When I have used it at the correct dilution it still is an issue though not nearly as bad as star san. If you want truly foam less Iodophor is prob the way you want to go.

I’ve been using sani clean for a while now with Cip. It’ll still foam a bit but not nearly as much as star San.

Back