Love Controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bwojcik33

Reaction score
Hello, is been a while.... I recently moved and I had to disconnect my kegerator!!! I'm having trouble setting my love temp controller. I have a TSX series controller, and my probe is working fine. If theres anyone that's familiar with this controller help would greatly be appreciated!!!!😕😕😕

I have a number of love controllers, but I haven't had to set them in a while. Can you find a pdf of the manual?

What exactly are you trying to do, and what all have you tried?

Everything you need should be on the second page of the user manual http://www.dwyer-inst.com/PDF_files/E_90_TSX_rev3.pdf
At the very least you should be able to set the Set Point.

• Press SET. SP text will appear on the display.
• Press SET again. The real value is shown on the display.
• The value can be modified with the UP and DOWN arrows.
• Press SET to enter any new values.
• Press SET and DOWN at the same time to quit programming or wait one minute and the display will automatically exit programming mode.

I have an old TSS2 and its setup is pretty close to the TSX. The translated instructions do leave something to be desired but one should be able to figure it out - assuming the controller is actually functional/doesn't have something wrong with it...

Cheers!

What exactly are you trying to do, and what all have you tried?
I'm having a hard time getting the temp down to the correct temp. It worked fine before I moved, and the problem work too. It's like it just stays warm and doesnt go down in temp.

can you hear the relay click on?

Do you have a multimeter to check to see if it is passing the voltage to the compressor?

If the wiring is all good, and you didn't change any settings on the controller, I tend to think your compressor may have failed in the move. Take some measurements though if you can, it will help us to diagnose any problems.

I think it's just the parameters need to be correct! I mean 1 little setting could be my whole problem. Yes, I have tested everything already too. Compressor is working, probe too..... I'm trying to get it to 34° and turn off at 36° then turn back on so on and so on.....

How did you test your equipment?

If you plugged in your kegerator directly to the outlet, how low does it get when powered directly?

What voltage did you get when measuring the output from the temperature controller? I assume it is set to 'cool', and it should send power through the relay.

Did you already go through the manual and set the variables that you need to set?

PTC or NTC..
What's the difference between the two? I have my probe in a sealed mason jar with water in it.

Did you lay your kegerator on it's side when moving? Some refrigerators will get an air bubble in coolant lines and lockup up. Will usually fix itself if you leave it upright unplugged for a day or two.

No not at all !!! Made sure it was tied down... I started it yesterday and it was at 69° and this morning it went to 74°... I just want to have cold BEER AGAIN!!!!🍻

PTC or NTC..
What's the difference between the two? I have my probe in a sealed mason jar with water in it.
PTC is positive temperature coefficient, and NTC is negative temperature coefficient, these are two types of thermistors. Basically the temperature controller reads the resistance of the temperature probe, and it is calibrated for one kind of sensor. If the sensor is PTC, that means that as the temperature increases, the resistance increases. For NTC, as the temperature increases, the resistance decreases. They each have an ideal range where they are more accurate, but for our uses, it really doesn't matter much, in my opinion. You just need to make sure to get the correct kind of probe that the controller is set for (my love TS-2 is a PTC, but Love does make both kinds of controllers, so make sure you research which one yours takes).

No not at all !!! Made sure it was tied down... I started it yesterday and it was at 69° and this morning it went to 74°... I just want to have cold BEER AGAIN!!!!🍻

Is this with the temperature controller, or just the fridge plugged directly into the wall? If it is while it is plugged directly into the wall, it definitely would be a problem with your fridge itself. If it is with the controller, try plugging it directly into the wall to do a test, and then use a multimeter with the controller to see if the relay is working and if you have continuity. Check the wiring and make sure nothing is loose. You may want to rewire it anyway to make sure you have good connections. Did you wire it yourself in the past? Make sure you have a wiring diagram.

Back