love affair W/ COORS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
NOT!!! I was boat camping at Shasta Lake last weekend for Mothers Day. We (dare I say it) ran out of BEER. We pulled into a marina to get some and a 6'er of Corona Light was $12 out the door (yes I said a 6'er) holy $#!T uhh no thanks the ONLY thing they had there besides that was COORS. It was $16 a 12 pack of cans. Ya I did it and needless to say there was some left when we got off the water.
Who drinks that CR@P...
JJ

Holy crap, that brings back some memories! Was it the bridge marina? We always rented our houseboats from O'Briens inlet, is that still there?

Water skiing on the Pit River arm was always the best, but I understand they've made all the good flat water areas 5mph zones now. bummer....

nah.. there not ALL 5 MPH (after 5:30 PM) LOL yep O'briens is still there. I always put in there at Bridge Bay but I was at another Leech infested marina ha ha ha I guess you pay what they want you to pay.... Or ya do w/out ****thinking..I should have done w/out***
Cheers
JJ

Don't feel bad. I'm going to the Indy 500 this weekend and will probably ingest 90 Miller High Life's over 3 days. Everyone else in the group is beer illiterate/ignorant and pretty much assumes that drinking good beer somehow makes a man effeminate. Funny. I figured I'd avoid being the butt of everyone's jokes for 3 days (I'd prefer to avoid fistfighting someone over my choice in beer). I decided to give my wallet (and calorie intake) a break and instead of drinking huindreds of dollars worth of Belgians over a weekend, I'd spend $50 on cheap beer and stay totally hydrated because it's almost all water. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Don't feel bad. I'm going to the Indy 500 this weekend and will probably ingest 90 Miller High Life's over 3 days. Everyone else in the group is beer illiterate/ignorant and pretty much assumes that drinking good beer somehow makes a man effeminate. Funny. I figured I'd avoid being the butt of everyone's jokes for 3 days (I'd prefer to avoid fistfighting someone over my choice in beer). I decided to give my wallet (and calorie intake) a break and instead of drinking huindreds of dollars worth of Belgians over a weekend, I'd spend $50 on cheap beer and stay totally hydrated because it's almost all water. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

We usually bring a mini-keg of Bell's Oberon, or some similar beer, to the race. They say no bottles at the track, but cans are ok. And a mini-keg is nothing more than 1 very large can. Fits right in the cooler.

Good stuff!

Sounds good....but then again, all the people that would give me **** for bringing good beer woulld be the same guys mooching it behind my back.....

Sounds good....but then again, all the people that would give me **** for bringing good beer woulld be the same guys mooching it behind my back.....

ya know... I have those same friends. There the same guys that POUND my beers when there at my house. Then always take there crap beer home w/ them...
***MAN I gotta put a stop to that***
JJ

Back