lost one :(

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfp03001

Reaction score
I don't have a corker so I just bought corks that you push in by hand and one fell out :(

So I have two question one is i pounded the rest in much father with a rubber mallet most are very close to being even with the top of the bottle will this be sufficient to keep them in? Or should I age then standing up even though that will dry out the cork.

The other thing is about a third of the mead was still left in the bottle with out the cork. I have no idea how long the cork was out for. Would it be safe to keep this and drink it or should i just throw it out? I had a swig and it was very tasty (this is my first mead so I was happy but not really sure what it should taste like) This bottle was 14.9% ABV my highest, I made a few one gallon batches that are all aging together. I am thinking that's enough to kill anything that got in.

hey if it as tasty, go for it! you made it, right? were you sanitary until this moment? If you were, give it a go. Call it a test bottle. :)

Yeah it was sanitary to now. I can't drink it tonight though I am about to go on a long drive... Tomorrow on the other hand would be a great night for it assuming its good.

Back