Lorann oils for beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sttifyd35

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used lorann oils for beer. If so, how much would you add for a gallon?

im doing an extract kit and it came with lorann oils, peanut butter oil its a peanut butter stout.
Mashed today, but heard lorann oils are the best as there actually water based.

If I recall, 1 dram is 3.7ml. So if you have an eye dropper, that would be 0.75 ml per gallon.

You can always add more, you can't take away.

AIH uses Lorann oil for their Raspberry plunder. (bottled mine 9/5/2016 and it's GREAT for a non-overpowering Raspberry beer)

so yeah, Lorann is great for it. I am trying some brewers best strawberry currently in another beer (the great make a beer my wife can drink project) but mixed that one with Citra hops, just bottled that one last night.

directions for Raspberry plunder can be found Here

One things to be aware of is if they're extracts in an alcohol based solution or actually oils. Oils typically don't mix well and can also affect head retention.

I just picked up a couple...a Pecan and a Coconut. The LHBS guy said he used two one dram bottles in a five gallon beer because he wanted LOTS of peanut butter flavor. He also said he got his wish, it was a super peanut butter flavored beer. He seemed to think a one dram bottle per five gallons would be a better idea...he is letting sit and hoping for it to mellow out now!

Just did a little experiment...had a big swing top...22 ozs of dry cider in the fridge...added ONE drop of the coconut. It is faintly there on taste...but the whole kitchen smells like a resort beach now! This is powerful stuff. Interesting.

Interesting. I brought back a couple 750 ml bottles of coconut rum from jamaica. Maybe if i add a drop to one of the bottles, i will get a pineapple coconut flavor to the rum?

One things to be aware of is if they're extracts in an alcohol based solution or actually oils. Oils typically don't mix well and can also affect head retention.

Yes, the raspberry plunder at first impression after a pour is that it is a little undercarbed.

You're right! I added Pecan flavoring to a beer today and racked on top of it prior to bottling. Then I thought, I'll add a little vanilla...Lorann vanilla....it did not mix well at all...most floated to the top.

well...I will never use this stuff again. It is not a bad product, but in my experience, this is just a bad application for the product. Isn't working well in my beer, and is just plain nasty in a wine I used it in.

Awesome flavor and smell...Vandulus is very right, it does not mix well at all. Bet it would be great in cupcakes.

The trick is to check the solubility of the flavor you are interested in before adding/purchase... its listed for very product on their website. Soluble in water (most are) shouldn't have an issue.

Latest posts

Back