Looking to build out 1st brewing setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I purchased a stir starter as I hear it really helps with the yeast. Also looking at building my own keezer and kegging as the style of beer I am primarily looking to brew (NE IPAs) dont seem to do well bottled. Might as well jump in with both feet.

This thread was started only 4 days ago. I'd say you're veering close to analysis paralysis, going overboard before even brewing a single drop of beer. This seems to happen from time to time - there are a couple of recent epic threads from similar beginning brewers. The forum loves these threads; they have tons of replies and go on for pages.

Pot, bag, grain/hops, spring water, bucket, dry yeast, bunch of bottles/caps and a way to get the caps on. Sure I'm leaving a few things out, but you probably already have them. My point is that there are a hundred small tasks you need to learn how to do before complicating things so much. It's not rocket science and doesn't need to be approached that way.

Brew 2-3 gallons of beer using a simple recipe and get some experience under your belt. You can buy new stuff every week and keep planning for more, but you can also brew weekly while doing so and learn what you're getting into.

This thread was started only 4 days ago. I'd say you're veering close to analysis paralysis, going overboard before even brewing a single drop of beer. This seems to happen from time to time - there are a couple of recent epic threads from similar beginning brewers. The forum loves these threads; they have tons of replies and go on for pages.

Pot, bag, grain/hops, spring water, bucket, dry yeast, bunch of bottles/caps and a way to get the caps on. Sure I'm leaving a few things out, but you probably already have them. My point is that there are a hundred small tasks you need to learn how to do before complicating things so much. It's not rocket science and doesn't need to be approached that way.

Brew 2-3 gallons of beer using a simple recipe and get some experience under your belt. You can buy new stuff every week and keep planning for more, but you can also brew weekly while doing so and learn what you're getting into.

Well said. Start small and easy until you really have an idea what you want/need. Half the fun is planning for and implementing the next new item.

Back