Looking for Conditioning Advise

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wzup97

Reaction score
I just bottled an AG Scottish Ale (OG:1.062) over this past weekend. Was planning on serving it on xmas which is about seven weeks away. Right now I'm storing the bottles in ~70F to allow them to carb up. Planning on a min of 3 weeks at this temp but looking for recommendtions. Goal it to have them close to peak as possible in seven weeks. Any ideas? Is six weeks at 70F and a week in fridge the best I can do? How bout 5 and 2?

I have a chest freezer with temp control available, if that would help.... Thanks

It should be fully carbed in 3 to 4 weeks at 68F to 72F. Test a bottle then. I would then age at 65F intil you chill it for serving.

Wow...this isn't the usually can I cheat time and have them carb faster.:D

If they're carbed enough after the 3rd week, then chill them down, if you can manage 2 weeks in the fridge you will end up with really nice conditioned and clear beer...as long as you get a minimum 1 week cold you'll be great.
You'll get rid of chill haze that way.

icon_228.gif

*sigh*

Latest posts

Back