Looking for apple cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil74501

Reaction score
I bought a kit to make an apple ale. I want to add some apple cider for more apple flavor. So where can I buy some apple cider without preservatives and that's non-pasteurized? I can't get anything like that locally.

Go to your grocery store and look for "simply apple" in the refrigerated juice section.
Works good for cider. If you can't find that, you can try frozen concentrate for apple juice.

It doesn't matter if it is pasteurized. Just no preservatives. Ascorbic, Citric, and Malic acid are OK, but nothing else.

Pretty much any Grocery store should have what you want. Just double check the ingredients, and if it has anything like ''sorbate' on the ingredient list, leave it alone.

I know it seems as though the product would be better if you get a 'cloudy' cider, but some of them take forever to clear. Some may argue you get better flavor with the cloudy cider, but I can't say I've noticed any difference in the finished product. WholeFoods 365 Juice never clears. Clear apple juice will do fine and no issues with clearing.

Back