looking for a good example of a comercial saison

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVBrewing

Reaction score
I wanted to see if anyone has any recomendations for a good comercial saison i can try. I have never sampled one and i am looking to expand my horisions, i guess you could say. Iv mostly been brewing the typical american styles and i think its time to branch out a little. I know i probably wont find one at the grocery store, but iv got access to good old BevMo.

saison dupont
ommegang hennepin

you're in ca...the bruery makes a bunch of good ones.

So many...

Tank 7 by Boulevard is a great American version, as is their Saison Brett
Saison and Tropic King by Funkwerks
Saison Dupont for the classic example
Saison Rue and Saison de Lente by Bruery are great
Love Buzz by Anchorage
Fantome does a number of awesome traditional and not-so traditional saisons
saison de pipaix is another classic Belgian version

So many more...

I appreciate all the input. Ill have to hit BevMo on my way home and try a few. Looking to brew something new, just want to see if that style suits my tastes or not first. I didnt want to grab the first one i saw and not like it because i picked a poor beer as an example.

i like a saison to be under 4% ABV and most commercial saison beers i've had are well above that, 7-9%. recently when my wife was buying our favorite saison (Avril made by dupont) at whole foods, the clerk kept emphasizing "this is a 3% beer you know". i guess he said that because it's a $10 bottle and he felt it was not a good value at such a low ABV. i'm not really a traditionalist when it comes to most styles of beer but i am for saison. malty and high alcohol examples of the style should be referred to as farmhouse ales, in my opinion.

Back