Longshot Finalists announced

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parker36

Reaction score
Longshot Finalists announced:

Congratulations to Chad Warner of Massachusetts, Michael Robinson of New Hampshire, Alex Drobshoff of California and Aaron Schenk of North Carolina for being selected as finalists in the 2008 Samuel Adams® American Homebrew Contest™

Any of these boners HBT members?

What do you mean no hoppy beers won? You clearly just didnt read the whole thing.
"All four will join us at the Great American Beer Festival in Denver where we’ll announce which beer will join Mike McDole’s Double IPA in the 2009 LongShot® variety pack."
Pretty sure that IIPA will be hoppy.

I always see Aaron Schenk winning the NC and SC club homebrew comps I entered.

I cannot wait to try Tasty's IIPA; Its going to be the closest I will be able to get to a Pliny on the East Coast.

I cannot wait to try Tasty's IIPA; Its going to be the closest I will be able to get to a Pliny on the East Coast.

Yeah, well, we'll see...when the hop shortage subsides in a few years, hopefully SA will still brew it.

Say, why don't YOU just brew it? There's a pliny clone in the BYO clone issue.

I was under the impression that SA was going to be brewing it for this year's six pack, was I wrong?

Man, ol' Jonathan Plise has to feel a little ripped off. Half of the SF finalists were his. For such a dopey radio persona, the dude seems to make excellent beer.

Well... I guess that means I didn't win! Hahaha.

Not that I even expected to come close... I submitted an extract + grains kit beer... just for the hell of it. I'm definitely looking forward to the judges' feedback though...

Back