Line on a chest freezer; questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willsellout

Reaction score
So I sent an email out to a guy on CL about a chest freezer they have for 75 bucks. IT works and is in great shape. He says it's a medium sized freezer with a fixed ledge on the right side. I mentioned it was for a Kegerator and he said it could probably fit a couple kegs. Although I am not sure if he meant the cornies or the full size ones. I sent them an email asking for the length so I can get an idea. So is there anything I should be looking for specifically?

Thanks!

Dan

I have a pet peeve for chest freezers that can't fit kegs two deep without staggering them. So.. you want at least wide enough to fit two cornies. Now, ball locks and pinlocks are different diameters so make sure you know what you have. I don't have the numbers handy and I'm too drunk to read a tape measure.

Bobby_M said:
I have a pet peeve for chest freezers that can't fit kegs two deep without staggering them. So.. you want at least wide enough to fit two cornies. Now, ball locks and pinlocks are different diameters so make sure you know what you have. I don't have the numbers handy and I'm too drunk to read a tape measure.
thanks...it's about 3 hours away and I don't want to drive all that way for nothing. It's also a chick emailing me back and she doesn't seem all that interested in helping me out..I might pass...****.

Dan

If you can get the brand/model then you can figure everything else out using Google.

There's a 9 CF freezer at Best Buy that I measured.

There was enough room for 2 deep and 3 across in the lowest section. The stepped up section is where the motor/compressor/etc. are located. I guessed 2 5# tanks would fit with room to spare.

a typical 7cubic foot freezer will hold 3 cornies staggered, a 5lb tank, and have room on the 'ledge' for about a case of bottles, grain, hops, etc.

a 7 cubic foot is about 35" long. Most chest freezers are the same height and depth...however you might see if they can measure the inside dimensions, specifically the height, cuz you'll need close to 28" inside to fit kegs and connectors with hoses. (if you don't plan to collar it)

Latest posts

Back