LHBS Fairfield, CT??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smmcdermott

Reaction score
So I live in Fairfield County, CT and have no idea where a LHBS is. Anyone know where there is one close? Thanks. :mug:

I am not a fan of Brew-Wine, I have had terrible service there and will never return.

I go to this place:

Beer & Wine Makers Warehouse
www.bwmwct.com

290 Murphy Rd
Hartford, CT 06114
(860) 247-2969

you can email your recipes in, and they will have them ready whenever you want, no waiting or anything. I am in and out of the store in 5-10 minutes.

damn...so it looks like my best option is monroe...about a 45 minute drive from where I am. Thanks for the responses.

damn...so it looks like my best option is monroe...about a 45 minute drive from where I am. Thanks for the responses.

Should be way faster than 45 minutes. I can get to fairfield from Oxford in under 45 minutes. Maltose is right off of rt 25, so it's highway driving almost the entire way. It's less than 20 miles away. Assuming no traffic on 95, should take you 25 minutes tops.

Edit: oops. Just noticed you said Fairfield County. That's a bit different. You could be all the way near Greenwich

Haha, you are right, I am exagerating over this....

I live in Stamford where it takes me 15 mins just to get to the highway and that is when I don't hit a bunch of lights. Then at least 15 mins to get to rt 25.

I live in Stamford where it takes me 15 mins just to get to the highway and that is when I don't hit a bunch of lights. Then at least 15 mins to get to rt 25.

Yeah, I originally thought you said you were in Fairfield which is why I couldn't understand how it would take you 45 min to get to Monroe. Stamford is a bit different.

Yea...no offense to anyone who likes it, but I HATE CT and can't wait to get out...this just adds to the list. I only know Fairfield County, but still hate it.

There used to be one in Norwalk, but it literally looks like a lawnmower went through it...stuff is everywhere and nothing is fresh...would be a nice place if it was maintained. I talked to the owner who said he hadn't done anything in there in a couple of years...there was yeast that expired in 2002...HA! Oh well, I will continue buying online.

Hey I'm in the Fairfield county too.

Just starting out in home brewing. Let me know if some of you guys want to trade notes or something.

I posted this a while back no response. Seems like a good thread to ask again... Anyone in (or know of) an active homebrew club in CT?

I am not a fan of Brew-Wine, I have had terrible service there and will never return.

I go to this place:

www.bwmwct.com

290 Murphy Rd
Hartford, CT 06114
(860) 247-2969

you can email your recipes in, and they will have them ready whenever you want, no waiting or anything. I am in and out of the store in 5-10 minutes.
I have never been to that Beer & Wine. I have also never had any problems at Brew & Wine. The two guys that are there are friendly and know what they are talking about (as far as I know). They have always helped when I called with questions. And it is never a quick "in and out" for us. We may go down there for a quick stop but always end up talking about one thing or another. Someone else mentioned that you may have dealt with the previous owner/ May want to give it another try. Your choice.

I have e-mailed some of the places from that list and not heard anything back. Heck, if nothing else, maybe we could start a club!

I would love to join you guys up in northern Connecticut but I'm just too lazy to drive all the way up near the Hartford area.

I'll have to look for brewing buddies down here.

I would love to join you guys up in northern Connecticut but I'm just too lazy to drive all the way up near the Hartford area.

I'll have to look for brewing buddies down here.

tincob...I think I amy be the only other person on here in southwest CT...

Brew-Wine has new owners and they are great. That other guy at Beer & Wine is a knucklehead that sells expired yeast at full price!

I second Brew-Wine. Just started going there after getting too frustrated at Beer and Wine. Had the same problem with the yeast (2 years expired though I didn't notice cause the price tag was conveniently placed over it). He's always so friggin grumpy when you ask him a question about anything.

Brew-Wine took their time and made you feel welcome. It's significantly smaller, but they have everything I need.

tincob...I think I amy be the only other person on here in southwest CT...

Yeah but you hate CT and want to get out of here. :D

By the way, did you email me one time? I had a craigslist ad out to buy some brewing equipment and someone emailed about possibly getting together and swapping some brews and stuff (IIRC)...

I work in Stamford so we can get together and swap some brews and stuff...:mug: Be warned, I'm a beginner though. PM me if you're interested.

I too am pretty new to brewing...brewed a couple times three years ago then bought my own stuff and have done 7 or so extracts. I will PM you, cause I also work in Stamford.

I go to this place:

www.bwmwct.com

290 Murphy Rd
Hartford, CT 06114
(860) 247-2969

The guy that owns this shop is one of the biggest A-holes I have ever met in my life. He overcharges on purpose and won't match his own pricetags.. The guys in East Hartford are great.

Back