Left over priming sugar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ragadas

Reaction score
What is a good use for left over bags of priming sugar if you keg your beer and carbonate with CO2?
Would it do any good (or harm) to add it to the next boil and use it to boost alchol content?

Yeah, you can always toss it in a batch, if it's just a couple ounces it won't cause any off flavors or mess up the body. Could save it for a Belgian ale, which usually call for a large sugar addition. There may be a batch you decide later on to bottle, so you could save it for that (it's not going to go bad, as long as it's all sealed up so critters can't get into it).

Or, use it in a batch of apfelwein.

Like above, you could always toss it in a batch or use to sweetn coffee, tea whatever.

Wow this site has some strange banner ads.

Sexy Arab Women and the Chicken Forum?

The chicken forum looks like a sister site; they had a coffee forum as well for a while. The sexy Arab women one is being pulled form your history or browser cookies.

Whiskey said:
Like above, you could always toss it in a batch or use to sweetn coffee, tea whatever.

The chicken forum looks like a sister site; they had a coffee forum as well for a while. The sexy Arab women one is being pulled form your history or browser cookies.

!!

hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahhahahahaha

Has worked really well for me since I only currently have the ability to force carb/serve one keg at a time. Saves me the wait time of force carbing if one leg kicks then I just put the one I naturally carbed in and ready over night as soon as it cools. Will take about 2-3 weeks to carb around 70 degrees F

Double-check me on the exact quantity (because I've never naturally carbed in the keg), but I'll 99% certain you want to use less priming sugar when bulk priming in the keg than if you were bottling.

Yes generally that is true you do use slightly less sugar will have to check amount when I get home tomorrow can't remember exact amount I used.

Back