leaky faucets on keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pennisim

Reaction score
I purchased a 2 keg kit from kegcowboy with Perlick faucets. When I added sanitizer and hooked both kegs up, one keg was pouring sanitizer out the 3 holes in the faucet. I called and the person who I spoke with at kegcowboy had me check the O ring, try tightening the faucet connection to the shank, and then said they would send me a new faucet and shank once they came off back order. So I filled the other keg and have been using it for a week almost. However, there are a lot of bubbles forming in the line between the keg and the shank and foam keeps bubbling out of the faucet through the bottom hole (where there are 3 holes on the faucet... I can attach a picture if need be). I also just filled my second keg and basically switched out the keg on the first tap since I assumed the second one was broken and again, beer fizzes out those 3 holes. I could not get it to stop other than by disconnecting the gas and relieving the pressure in the keg. My question is: Is it the keg not the faucet and also what can I do to stop these faucets from leaking all over my floor? Is that what a drip tray is for? It is also getting the wood very wet on my collar. Thank you for help in advance.

Not sure what 3 holes you're talking about. The holes in the gnurled nut that attaches the shank to the faucet? If that's the case, it's either too loose (They make a tool for that), or you're missing the washer. if you're not talking about these holes, you'll need to be more specific.

guess I didn't read your post well enough. From what you are describing, it's the faucet, not the keg. It sounds like there's something wrong with the connection between the faucet and the shank. You'll have to fix that connection(see first post) to stop the leak. and no, that's not what the drip tray is for. I'd dissassamble it and inspect the washer, and the seating surfaces for damage, as those are what makes the seal. if all of those are fin, and you're sure you are assembling it properly, then it has to be a tightning issue.

The faucet came pre-assembled. I took both apart and put them back together. My bigger question is how come 1 keg makes foam squirt out of the faucet uncontrollably? and one just barely leaks some foam every few hours.

Back