Leak in Fermenter Nozzle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FizzyLiftingDrinks

Reaction score
Last night I went to do a gravity reading on a brown ale I am making. I opened up the valve on my Anvil Crucible, released enough to do a reading and closed it. I notice a slow drip somewhere near the ball bearing. I put on new plumbers tape I had near me, which seemed to have done the trick.

How big of a chance do you think there could be a contamination issue? I will also note I just did a trub drop so the CO2 levels may have been a little off at the time.

I had a feeling it would happen. I test everything before I brew and that happened. I thought I fixed it as there was never an issue in the first week of fermentation. I am thinking there shouldn’t be any major issue, but I just need someone yo put my mind at ease!

Last edited:
I would not give any of it a second thought. When you transfer the beer after hitting terminal gravity, be sure to fill up the Crucible with water to the top after cleaning it and let it go for a couple days to make sure the leak is indeed fixed before you pop in your next precious batch

I would not give any of it a second thought. When you transfer the beer after hitting terminal gravity, be sure to fill up the Crucible with water to the top after cleaning it and let it go for a couple days to make sure the leak is indeed fixed before you pop in your next precious batch
Thanks. I think there’s an o-ring that needs replaced, but I will plan on that once I am done fermenting.

Back