Lagunitas 'Born Yesterday' Clone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CorwinGraves

Reaction score
This is a relatively new APA offering from Lagunitas, but it's an outstanding brew with typical resiny, dank, tropical flavors coming from the hops that Lagunitas has become known for.

Anyone have any ideas what goes into this beer, or what a recipe might look like that captures the resiny, dankness that Lagunitas does so well? Really loving their IPAs and APAs lately. Some of the best, IMO.

If I'm not mistaken it's like the daytime but bottled and shipped fresh out from the fermenter. They don't age or condition that one

I've heard that Born Yesterday (7.5%) is a ramped up version of their New Dogtown Pale Ale (6.1%). Couldn't really find much on the grains used in either beer. I'd guess it's a fairly simple grain bill of just 2 Row and Crystal, maybe some Munich as well. Plus the hops used in Born Yesterday are not processed at all, they've basically been harvested off the vine then driven straight to Petaluma so it'll be hard to get that type of freshness on a homebrew level. If it's any help, this year's Born uses Mosaic, Equinox, and Amarillo (pretty sure on the Amarillo, going off what I remember the label saying).

This beer is the most awesome shelfie I've ever had. This year (2016) the beer was listed at the Lagunitas website at an OG of 1.063, 110 IBUs and 7.0%ABV (FG of 1.010). The hops listed for 2016 were approx 11lbs-per-barrel of fresh (wet hop, unkilned whole cone) Simcoe, Citra and Mosaic and indigenous catawampus. Also it's said that it is a newborn version of the new dog town pale ale with the fresh hop addition. It's extremely hazy and slightly spicy due to the mosaic and citra. Strong bitterness and lots of aroma. Does anyone has any starter recipe for this?

Back