Lacto-fermented flavored soda water

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoozeMedic

Reaction score
Apologies if this is a ridiculous idea:
I'm thinking about adding a 5 gallon flavored soda water to my kegerator setup. Caveat-- I want to add probiotics. I was thinking about either mixing kombucha with some flavorings (fruit juice, ginger, etc.), and diluting with water and carbonating. Or possibly lacto-fermenting some coconut water, adding some fruit juice/flavors, and then diluting/carbonating.

Has anyone else done this? Any favorite recipes?

Also, any favorite lacto-fermented soda recipes?

I’ve done it. If you’ve made kombucha, then you’re already there. Keg early when it’s still a little too sweet. My strain eventually gets too acidic to drink even when chilled. I stay away from acidic fruit for that reason. Ginger, peach/mint, and straight up is the favorites. I add the ginger and mint like dry hops in a bag in the keg. Hibiscus is a decent one too.

I’ve done it. If you’ve made kombucha, then you’re already there. Keg early when it’s still a little too sweet. My strain eventually gets too acidic to drink even when chilled. I stay away from acidic fruit for that reason. Ginger, peach/mint, and straight up is the favorites. I add the ginger and mint like dry hops in a bag in the keg. Hibiscus is a decent one too.
Do you add soda water or just keg the kombucha? If diluted, what ratio do you use?

Back