Labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ndhoff

Reaction score
Will be bottling my 1st 2- 5 gallon batches and am looking for suggestions to label the bottles. I know about the round stickers on caps and am not ready to invest in labels yet.
Inexpensive suggestions?

I use the round stickers on Grolsch caps, but on regular caps you can just mark them with a Sharpie to indicate batch number or initials for brew name or style. Welcome to home brewing.

Inkjet ink will usually run when wet but color laser printer toner doesn’t. I bought some waterproof laser printable shipping labels and just leave blank areas to write contents, abv, and date with a waterproof marker. It’s important to stick them on and write before filling and let it dry, wet makes it impossible and once cold, it’s always wet with condensation. These also peel off much easier, especially in hot water.

For cap labels I print the little round labels because I can’t write neat enough to be readable that small.

Unless I am giving it away, I just use different color caps to differentiate batches. Gold, silver, black, white, blue, yellow, red, orange green purple and any number of surplus bottler caps plus usually only one person drinking makes a label pretty unnecessary.

Last edited:
I use canva.com to create a label, laser print to the size I need, cut, moisten with milk and stick to the bottle after capping. Stays on after drying and usually can get the labels off fairly easily after consumption to reuse.

Unless I am giving it away, I just use different color caps to differentiate batches. Gold, silver, black, white, blue, yellow, red, orange green purple and any number of surplus bottler caps plus usually only one person drinking makes a label pretty unnecessary.

You have a lot better...what's it called...um....oh, memory than me.

Back