Label Issue for First Competition Submission

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky137

Reaction score
I submitted two beers to a homebrew competition that happened this past weekend, my first two ever submissions. I wanted to make sure everything went smoothly, so I ended up gluing the labels to my bottles with some spray adhesive. After I dropped them off, I went back to go look at the rules and noticed that they said that labels should be rubberbanded to the bottle, not taped (no mention of gluing, but I'm assuming this was implied).

Haven't heard back about how I did yet, but am wondering - is this dumb mistake on my part going to seriously affect how my beers were judged? How bad of a mistake is this; are we talking about grounds for disqualification, or did someone just grumble a bit before pouring it and moving on?

Thanks so much.

I am guessing as long as they could get the labels off without too much trouble you will be okay. The problem is the bottles need to have no distinguishing marks on them, so if there is glue stuck to your bottles that may be a problem. It may just depend on the person that received them and if they want to be helpful.

+1 to what hypergolic said. Could be disqualified, but hopefully the stewards will just try to take the labels off. If they allow the beers, good luck in your comp!

Back