La Fin du Monde Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabraham3613

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm a relatively new brewer trying out a La Fin du Monde clone. I've done a few 5 gallon batches but not this style yet. I brewed 2 weeks ago and hit my target OG. Just took another reading and it's dropped to about half where it should be (currently at 1.04 but FG target is 1.012). I usually bottle at 2 weeks, but only if I hit my FG. There's still a good amount of krausen on top. Should I give it another week or so? Also, it did call for pitching yeast again 3 days before bottling, should I go with that or wait it out to see if it drops on its own?

What yeast, what temperature are you fermenting at. Some of the Belgian yeasts can be difficult. Some stall around 1.030 and just stay there for a couple of weeks and then continue to finish. Others like warm temps, and if the temp drops, they can drop.

I suspect he end advice will be to keep it warm (actual temp will depend on the yeast used), and let it go a couple more weeks.

I used the WLP530 abbey ale yeast. Right now fermenting at 61 degrees in the basement. Usually it’s around 68 down there but been pretty cold recently. Should I try and move it or keep it there and wait?

I got it above 70 but still no progress. Didn’t stir it, should I try that or re-pitch?

Back