Kichen Aid grain grinder?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure it would work if you got the adjustments right but try running 12 pounds of grain through that hopper without some sort of built on attachment...

I'm sure you could rig up some sort of hopper attachment to fit more grain in it than it's designed to hold. If it were around $50-$60 I would try it. Try ebay.

There's been a few threads asking about this, maybe once a month (there was one just last week.) Yes there is a mill attachement for the kitchenade, the issue is, do you want to risk a $400.00 mixer motor, and a 150.00 ginder attacment to mill your grains?

We're talking the caddy of mixers. Poor hobby chefs like me get a chubby at the mere thought of one of those beauties...and NO I WOULDN'T CRUSH MY GRAIN WITH ONE IF I WERE PRIVALEGED TO OWN SUCH AN AWESOME PIECE OF CULINARY WIZARDRY. :D

Realistically even the most expensive grainmill, the barley crusher, which runs about 150.00 is Still cheaper that that, even if you cough up another 50 for a nice powerdrill.

The question is, are you single, or is there a swmbo involved? Only one guy on here ever used his, and yes, he was single and had bought the machine on his own, so he didn't have to worry about an angry partner. :D

Seriously, many of us either modify a 20.00 pasta maker or use a 20.00 corona grain mill and get great results.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/using-pasta-maker-mill-grain-75784/?highlight=pasta

Charlie papazain uses a COronna and gets 87% efficiency with a 20.00 grainmill like mentioned in my thread.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/my-ugly-junk-corona-mill-station-90849/

Excellent points Revvy. I was considering the same thing if I found a good deal on one. I'll just get a cheap Corona and call it good.

Our Kitchen Aid came from my wife's parents as a hand-me-down. They just don't cook enough to need it any more. I just need to have it painted flat black and add some flames like Alton Brown :rockin:

also i heard these mills will also make grain more into a flour than just a mild crush

Back