kettle painting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newbrewjay

Reaction score
Hey has anyone ever painted there logo/name on there brew kettles. Anyone have any sucess with it? PICTURES PLEASE!!!:mug:

I don't see how a little engine/caliper/exhaust paint wouldn't work. The hard part would be getting a good mechanical stick, although I guess you could buff/polish and sanding you did outside the lines...

No worries about heat? normal paint would probably not do so well even at just boiling temps, lets not just throw that point out there. Powder coat can be rather durable, they even powder coat headers which are probably the hottest part of a car unless you are doing some ridiculous braking down a mountain side...

lol. sorry regular paint would not hold up. the stuff on headers would have to be ceramic. thats like 1800F +

No worries about heat? normal paint would probably not do so well even at just boiling temps, lets not just throw that point out there. Powder coat can be rather durable, they even powder coat headers which are probably the hottest part of a car unless you are doing some ridiculous braking down a mountain side...

They don't powder coat headers, they ceramic coat them... BIG difference. We did a stand early on that was powder coated... the burner areas cooked off in no time. In fact, when the stand was first coated, they did it the wrong color. They put it in an oven to remove the old coating.

Ceramic coating is a derivative of powder coating I thought. If I am wrong I apologize.

My thoughts

powder coat = process, ceramic coat = material

You are very close. Some ceramics are powder but there are other application methods as well.

Back