KegWorks False Bottom

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brutus Brewer

Reaction score
So last week Amazon was selling these for 2 cents:

SSFALSEBOTTOM-10-SSBrew-b3.jpg

I don't know how long or how many were sold at that price but the package arrived today with a nice little note from KegWorks acknowledging the screw up and welcoming me as a customer. I thought that was very classy. Anyway, I'm not quite sure how to hook this up to my mash tun, any info would be great.

Thanks!

We've worked with John at KegWorks before. Super nice and very helpful!

As for hooking it up you'll need some 3/8" ID Silicone tubing and a 3/8" or 1/2" (3/8" Silicone will stretch over the 1/2") hose barb. Assuming you have a Rubbermaid MT? You'll need a weldless fit and it'll hook up to the back side of that.

-SB

The false bottom fits into the mash tun as in the picture above, with the nipple up correct? I'm confused because of this picture on the Keg Works web page:

SSFALSEBOTTOM-10-Homebrew-b5.jpg

This has the nipple down and that doesn't seem quite correct to me.

Liz from KegWorks here - the image does indeed need to be flipped, as the nipple should be pointing up rather than down. We're going to get it changed now - but in the meantime, hope that helps. Cheers!

Liz from KegWorks here - the image does indeed need to be flipped, as the nipple should be pointing up rather than down. We're going to get it changed now - but in the meantime, hope that helps. Cheers!

Thank you so much!

Back