Keggle price?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geneticjim

Reaction score
Hey all. I have an offer to buy a 15 gallon keggle. It has the top cut and one hole for a ball valve. I would have to put a site tube on. The price is 80. Is that a good deal? I can buy a brand new single ply 15 gallon brew pot with ball valve and gallon markings for 130 on Amazon.

It all depends on what you want out of a pot. Do you have the expertise to add a site glass to the keggle? The info is out there if you want to go that route. If you don't have the skill, then the offer for the kettle and it's hardware sounds like a better route.

Buy the bayou pot on amazon. The heat transfer with the thin walled flat bottom pot is by far superior to using a thick walled keg with a domed bottom. I sold my keggle to make that switch years ago. I get 4-6 batches out of one propane tank using the pot vs 2 with the keggle.

I like the 15 gallon size of the keggle personally. I also like that I could probably throw it off a mountain and not damage it.

Price is fine, but I wish I had gone with kettles instead of the keggles I have. I think the shape of their walls is less conducive to cleaning. They are heavy. Concave bottom means more liquid required to get over electric element (not an issue if you are going electric).

Kettles are just nicer looking IMO.

YMMV

Thanks. I found a 15gallon keg I am going to use as a HTL. It was only 50.

Back